Bang for the Buck CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OMG its Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get Volant CAI with the powercore filter AND a full Volant catback exhaust all for $518.00 shipped to my door.

CPMS

Reaction score
I was able to get Volant CAI with the powercore filter AND a full Volant catback exhaust all for $518.00 shipped to my door.

What vehicle was this deal for and from where ??????? Cat backs for my 09 Tahoe are typically $700 and up ....

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody have a friend that sells Volant CAI's? I am looking to send some money their way for set-up :)

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
ya like what volant said, the Volants come w/ an enclosed airbox and the K&N doesnt which is the main difference. the K&N heat shield doesnt do much IMO. id rather have it enclosed

Not sure what K&N's you have had on a Tahoe. Mine is all hard plastic and is fully enclosed, same as the Volant that I had.

CPMS

Reaction score
Just an fyi the 07-08 are the same, everything changed in 09

What changed in 09? I thought 07-09 were pretty much identical as far as engine/trans goes. I'm curious since I have an 09 Tahoe Hybrid and am interested in both CAI and CAT back from Volant. Gotta get rid of at least the resonator they put on the Hybrid. It's huge, heavy and cuts almost all of the exhaust sound out.

4shongo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned just about every name brand out there. Not going to notice a big difference but they sound good when you give it the go pedal. Go on Ebay and buy one shipped for around $75 (make sure it has the filter box to block out the heat). I did on my last one and can't tell a bit of difference compared to my $250 CAI. Just make sure it has a washable filter. Then get a cat back exhaust (around $400 at most muffler shops) and a Black Bear Performance tune. Then you will tell a difference and only spend around $750 for it all. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme