Battery is Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good last run I gave the '97 GT, was to the drive in theatre, left on accessory for a couple of hours. I cycled the key off, and then it started up fine. Today I went to start, and not even 9v on the dash. I multi metered the terminals and it was 12.98v, after I took the battery tender off. I thought I had only replaced the battery a few years ago, but it was no good under load. I went digging for the warranty receipt...it was from 2016! Lol. I took it down to Canadian Tire and got a direct replacement. Looking at my old battery up on the parts counter, you could see the case swollen. Put the new one in, scotchbrited and contact cleanered all of the terminals and contacts. Word to the wise, look at how bad my connection was at the positive lead before I cleaned it. Green and ugly looking. I also took off the goofy ring terminal the hackjob audio installer put on! Ha
IMG_2710.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Word to the wise, look at how bad my connection was at the positive lead before I cleaned it. Green and ugly looking....
View attachment 439015

Wise words. That particular connection has potential to be the culprit of some of the strangest symptoms I've ever heard on this generation of rig. Good advice man :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrtiller