Battery Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried a different dealer and he said that the only thing "they" are making now in that size is a 48GHR, #88866212. Label shows 770 cca rating and 75 Ah and 42 month replacement warranty. I have not been able to find written information on the part number.
I tested it without charging it and got 875cca on the tester so I am optimistic.

Thanks for all the input.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer's price usually includes installation, if you have time. They also have coupons on their website every other month sometimes for them as well.
No coupons right now except for the low end battery. The dealer that installed my old one charged $25 extra.
I just did it and it's no big deal once a strap gets under the battery to help hoist it out of the cranny.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried a different dealer and he said that the only thing "they" are making now in that size is a 48GHR, #88866212. Label shows 770 cca rating and 75 Ah and 42 month replacement warranty. I have not been able to find written information on the part number.
I tested it without charging it and got 875cca on the tester so I am optimistic.

Thanks for all the input.
Curiously, my O'Reilly's has the others in stock and that one doesn't show up on ACDelco's website, the others still do. Must be very new. Well, good thing is the problem is solved and the wife is safe again!

O'Reilly does list a 48GHR145, 88866162 but it is not linked to being available for my trucks.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curiously, my O'Reilly's has the others in stock and that one doesn't show up on ACDelco's website, the others still do. Must be very new. Well, good thing is the problem is solved and the wife is safe again!

O'Reilly does list a 48GHR145, 88866162 but it is not linked to being available for my trucks.
I dropped AC Delco a line to see what's up. One number on the label is a GM reference and the other an AC Delco.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, didn't read far enough to see you made a decision. Good luck.

Last edited:

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put in an Interstate AGM and a rebuilt alternator. All is fine now. However, the first Interstate AGM appears to have been bad out of the gate. The volt meter was reading high e.g. above 15volts and didn't seem to "kick" down. This is something to watch with a "new" battery. The Interstate store where I go swapped it out for free and all is good now. Keep in mind that the computer is involved in adjusting the charging.

rjr

Reaction score
I have read that an AGM calls for a different charging curve than an AGM and should only be used if the charging circuit is designed for AGM. I have been getting batteries from Costco, which in northen virginia are made by Interstate and give good service. I just replaced 4 in my boat, after 6 years, but that is light service as they aren't subject to heat or many charge cycles.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
A deep cycle battery, like some marine batteries, can withstand being recharged from a dead condition more times but they may not be available with enough cold cranking amps.?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everstart maxx from Walmart. Cheapest price and the same exact battery as advance auto sells. I was steered away from agm batteries because the way the charging system works.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everstart maxx from Walmart. Cheapest price and the same exact battery as advance auto sells. I was steered away from agm batteries because the way the charging system works.
Got one in our Subaru; three years and still kicking. Unfortunately they seem to be hard to get around here now.
As for Interstate, I've had nothing but early failures with any I've tried and think they are over rated. I'll never buy another.
The replacement AC Delco Gold (43 mo) that I just replaced lived just shy of 7 years.
As I wrote, I replaced it with the same, or close to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925