BCM needs changing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have one last bug to fix on a newly acquired 03 Yukon. The message left rear door not closed comes up on screen which in turn causes the interior lights to always stay on unless I manually push the button on the light switch to turn off the interior lights. I tested the door switch and get the proper resistance when door is opened and closed. Everything I read points to the BCM. Any recommendations where to purchase a remanufactured BCM? I hope the airbag light doesn't come on after the 30 minute relearn procedure.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Body Controls section, and look for the exploded diagram of the BCM connections. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

Note that if the BCM is replaced, the new BCM needs to be programmed to the truck's VIN, in order to work correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattyk97