BEAUTIFUL lifted NBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we'll end up calling it by the generation like everyone else in the world when it comes to that point

like Mk 11?

If you are going to count generations you have to start with the Suburban in 1936... since the T/Y are all shortened versions of a Burb.

NBS = Mk IX
NNBS = Mk X
OBS= Mk VIII
Squarebodies = Mk VII
67-72 = MkVI
60-66 / aerobody = MkV
55-59 = Mk IV...

:)

I like the MkVI Tahoes and Yukons people are creating from MkV Suburbans.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's got a 6" suspension lift. I'm not sure what size tires he's got but I think at least 33's He had a sick custom roof rack with a spare tire holder on it also.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking Gen-1 Gen-2 Gen-3

here we go...found this from google

"There are 11 generations of Suburban, and each one has its significance. The first (1933-1934) was, well, the first. The second (1935-1940) was the first to actually be called "Suburban". The third generation (1941-1947) shared its dramatic "art deco" styling with its contemporary Chevy trucks. Fourth-generation Suburbans (1947-1955) featured Chevy's "advance design" and was the first Suburban to offer an automatic transmission (a two-speed Powerglide was available in GMC versions in 1953; 1954 for Chevys). The first factory V-8 was installed in the fifth-generation Suburban (1955-1959), and remains a fixture until this day. Sixth-generation Suburbans were based on the new C/K truck platform, and used the same model designation to designate two (C) or four (K) wheel drive; it was also the first Suburban with an independent front suspension, albeit only on two-wheel drive models.

By the seventh generation (1967-1972), the seeds were being sown to make the Suburban a proper four-door wagon, but GM only went halfway, giving the passenger side two doors, but only one on the driver's side. The eighth-generation lasted the longest of any Suburban (1973-1991), and boasted four real doors at last. The ninth-generation (1992-1999) was considerably more civilized than its predecessors, a trend that continued as the Suburban rode the rising SUV tide through the tenth (2000-2006) and the current 11th generation (2007-present). The tenth generation version of the GMC wagon lost the Suburban name in favor of Yukon XL, bringing it in line with the rest of GMC's full-size SUV naming convention. In 2003, Cadillac even cashed in on the full-size mega-hauler craze with the Suburban-based Escalade EXT."

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first doesn;t count, and never has... it wasn't a particular model and wasn't sold to general consumers.
:)

The suburban carryall was the first proper Suburban, in 1936.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty Crusty

Latest posts