Best Solution for Converting 2005 Tahoe LT to Bluetooth with Streaming?

Should I bother cobling together several different modules? Or just by an aftermarket head unit?

• Modify stock equipment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester9456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Tahoe LT, and I must say she's a beaut. Ive been doing research on getting it blue tooth capable. Even though its pricey, so far the most attractive option is the Costar Bluestar II. The trouble with the cheaper setups is that none of them use the built in MIC. I don't want 2 mics mounted and the Bluestar accomplishes this.

Here's the rub:

1:)Bluestar replace the OnStar module. I don't use onstar, but I like the idea of being able to tap the emergency button on the rear view mirror if the need ever arose. Yes, I might have my phone, but I also might not. I like redundancy.

2:)In order to stream stereo audio with the Bluestar box you still have to run a 3.5mm audio wire out of the Blustar. I've seen the method of installing an aux plug by splicing into the XM audio wires, but I don't want to do this. It just seems like there may be a more elegant method? Though this might be a whole mess easier than trying to install a more legit aux port.

Maybe there is a better recommendation out there?

My desire is to have hands free calling with stock mic and controls, Bluetooth stereo streaming, maintaining OnStar functionality, maintaining XM functionality. Not having to share my aux channel with XM, No installation of a separate mic or removal of stock hardware.

Questions:

Does the stock head unit have the ability to add a aux plug that isn't a splice job? or does it have one built in perhaps?

I have the RSE system that comes with a DVD player in back. How does that factor into things?

Is there an aftermarket head unit that will maintain stock chimes, wheel controls, and offer hands free over the stock mic?

How hard(impossible?) would it be to adapt Bluetooth modules from a newer Tahoe into my 2005?

Any advice is much appreciated. I love this truck! Looking forward to keeping her clean and pretty for years to come.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just do aftermarket. Always been a fan of Pioneer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felsysta