BF Goodrich A/T's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernHoe

Reaction score
Im not overly impressed with these tires. They are quiet and ride as well as a street tire but they perform like one offroad too. They load up with mud bad and do not self clean an ounce until I hit the pavement. Ive found in my years hunting Clarke Co, AL that the mud there is pretty nasty, unforgiving stuff and I may be expecting too much being as I had Maxxis mud tires before but Im not too thrilled. I got them in very good shape used, had I paid retail Id be pretty PO'd. Wear hasnt been terrific on a 6k lb truck either. These are the K/O's too, the 80psi heavy duty ones. Im only running them at about 50#.

Just a quick review and FYI. :cheers:

Mighty Mouse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had several sets of BFG AT's on several vehicles. They are not a mud tire. If you run them in mud you will need a good bit of wheel speed to clean them. I've always got good life out of them too. By the sounds of it you should have went with a mud terrain tire. I've heard quite a bit of good about the Goodyear MT/R Kevlars even in mud. I ran the old style MT/R's on my crawler for over 10 years. I also have them for my Jeep. They do ok in mud as long as you have the power to spin them clean.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run at A/T KO's on a 4Runner and really liked them. I do recall the occasional mud sticking in there until I hit the pavement but it never bothered me. I'm considering putting them on my Yukon now, in fact.

Like MM said, you might be better going with a mud-ready tire if that is what you're encountering.

OP
OP
SouthernHoe

SouthernHoe

Reaction score
I may be expecting too much. I loved my mudders but hated them on the highway. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds. :emotions122:

Reaction score
I may be expecting too much. I loved my mudders but hated them on the highway. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds. :emotions122:

My step father, my uncle and myself run GoodYear Duratracs and we all swear by them. They are not considered mt's or at's but something in between. They are quiet on the highway and very aggressive in the mud. Every site I see them on they have nothing but good reviews.
And I think they only run about $180 a piece now which is very decent for an oversized tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925