Bilstein shock on stock height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have istalled the Bilstein 5100 series shocks (BSN-24-185783) together with 2" spacers.
But the lift is too much IMO. So I want to remove the spacers.
Will the shocks still fit on stock height?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes they should be ok but not optimal in there designed travel range. Why not keep the 2" lift and have fun, you get used to it after a little driving around being taller then other trucks.

OP
OP
Mr.Jack

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have problems getting through inspection with the spacers, thats why.
And even if I installed new keys up front, the truck is higher in the rear than in the front. Removing the spacers will level the truck.

How come not optional? I doubt something will wear out?

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the shocks don't bottom out before the axle bottoms out on the factory stops you will be fine.

Smokehouse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes they should be ok but not optimal in there designed travel range. Why not keep the 2" lift and have fun, you get used to it after a little driving around being taller then other trucks.

Your yukon looks awesome bro

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Do you rub any at full turn?

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm almost 100% positive the PN on the 5100's are the same for stock hight, and for the keys and spacer lift. The front list 0"-2.5" lift, and a 4"-6" lift. The rears show a 0"-1", and a 3" lift. That's from Auto Anything who is coincidentally having a sale on the 5100...

OP
OP
Mr.Jack

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have the 24-185783. So I doubt they will fit without spacers. (?)

FastLane1000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put Billstein 5100s on my stock Tahoe Z71 a couple years ago with no lift. Its been fine and rode great. I just wanted to have them in case I ever did want to lift it a little. I did crank the stock t bars about a year ago to level it and then recently added keys and 1" spacers in the rear just a week ago. I'm glad I already had the 5100s.

OP
OP
Mr.Jack

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Billstein 5100s on my stock Tahoe Z71 a couple years ago with no lift. Its been fine and rode great. I just wanted to have them in case I ever did want to lift it a little. I did crank the stock t bars about a year ago to level it and then recently added keys and 1" spacers in the rear just a week ago. I'm glad I already had the 5100s.

What part number did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555