Bizarre Electric Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the seat goes forward, does it tilt as well? My great grandmothers Bravada did this, its an "easy access/exit" feature that can be disabled.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BCM and PCM grounds are at the back of the block, on each side. They are difficult to reach since you are up against the firewall.

Another main ground is on the frame behind the driver's side foglamp.

UBILLN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same seat issue, ended up having to replace the module under the driver seat.

good to know, I will keep this in mind as I troll ebay for cheap deals for that module...

Rigging a seat up to go all the way forward and up would be a great add to a theft system, kinda hard to steal a Tahoe with the seat all the way up unless your a midget or really skinny... lol

Even better do it with a seat sensor like the one that controls the passenger side airbag, so it does it after somebody actually sits in it, pinning them in or even crushing them.

ericasehnert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have seat problems but I do have gauge problems, I turned on my truck and the gas and battery gauge are miss reading....just filled up my truck and it says I have a quarter over the full symbol and same with the battery gauge. The temp gauge is fine and so is the oil. PLEASE HELP!!!!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to have the memory seat module reprogrammed at the dealer. That will fix the switch being backwards and a bunch of other issues. Occasionally the module goes bad and needs to be replaced, but be very careful buying a used module because there are quite a few different hardware versions depending on the options. The reprogram should only be $50-100 depending on the dealer. The PCM and BCM (and especially the grounds) have absolutly nothing to do with this problem...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968