Black Bowtie's: are these the one to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zirotti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd love to know as well! Just picked up my '10 LT and need to do some work on it bad ;)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are 2 10mm bolts holding the bowtie to the grille, and then it has a square patch of double-sided tape. So after you remove the bolts, you pull off carefully but with force.

As for which bowties to use, I just removed my gold one and painted it OEM GM black paint and added a clear coat.

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have those...the front is just taped on dont think there were any bolts..use a hair dryer to heat it up and use a lil screwdriver to lift the corner to pull it off....the back is just stuck on, use a hairdryer heat it up, remove the sticky..i used rubbing alcohol for that..they have some with different colored outlines out there

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or just get a quality rattle can of black paint, tape everything off, scuff it up, and paint?

10 bucks opposed to 70 bucks?

I talk to a buddy of mine who owns a body/paint shop and he suggested this... thoughts?

Zirotti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
or just get a quality rattle can of black paint, tape everything off, scuff it up, and paint?

10 bucks opposed to 70 bucks?

I talk to a buddy of mine who owns a body/paint shop and he suggested this... thoughts?
I would still recommend taking it off and painting it. It should be relatively easy it sounds like, just may have to find some 3M double-sided tape after you paint it.

Choppa Jon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I just did these last weekend. If you want it done right you have to remove both emblems, prep them and paint with a basecoat clearcoat. These will last forever. I woudl stay away from the spray cans because the finish will come off in time

AV2TA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of all, you don't have to wait for shipping. If you mess up, just sand it down and try again. I did this on day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925