Black out the Grille trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dpate8516

dpate8516

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what process did you use?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

45D1CA06-D77F-4C01-855C-2B4591D0CAB9_zpskwgbvjkn.jpg
[/URL]
171421FB-7322-4ACD-B0A5-C11790755DC6_zpsdqcbknka.jpg
81C44ED4-6277-4B97-A124-9327EBF1D634_zpsydlme51j.jpg[/IMG]
that's tough man, nice

rgnbull1227

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dipped everything. Wanted to see how it looked before going a more permanent route but now after having this done, I see no reason to switch. This stuff is great. I did however use a professional company to do it. Worth every penny.

bmwman3241

Reaction score
Dipped everything. Wanted to see how it looked before going a more permanent route but now after having this done, I see no reason to switch. This stuff is great. I did however use a professional company to do it. Worth every penny.

Do you know which dip they used? And any idea if it was the standard color or a special color, and if any extra coats of anything else were applied?

Also, were the wheel dipped as well?

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I want to do to my black 15 Denali, but I have no idea where/how to start....?

Not complicated, if you want it permanent - just take her to a few reputable body shops and get quotes to paint all the trim

Temporary, DIY with some plastidip first to see if you like the look, lots of options

SteveMansur

Reaction score
View attachment 34574

This is the setup I'm going for, just wondering if anyone has tried painting, dipping, wrapping etc.... on their outside grille trim?

Looking for opinions, although the paint job on this is SICK!

Go to autoform.lb on Instagram and scroll back until you reach 67 weeks ago and youll find a completely blacked out yukon slt. Hope this helps u visualise the black out grille and chrome bits

Mike_15Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not complicated, if you want it permanent - just take her to a few reputable body shops and get quotes to paint all the trim

Temporary, DIY with some plastidip first to see if you like the look, lots of options

Got ya. Definitely want it permanent. thanks for the reply.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack but how long does the plastic dip stuff last. How hard to remove?

LGSONE

SteveMansur

Reaction score
Not to hijack but how long does the plastic dip stuff last. How hard to remove?

LGSONE

Depends on quality of the dip how you apply it and where you drive your truck. Although plasti dip is cheaper I would respray because the finish is better and permanent. Plasti dip can come off instantly if theres a rough storm or if a pressure washer is used too close or if the truck goes through an automated wash. Dip your car has some tough dip but on a truck that would see rough conditions painting is the better option. Plastidip is easy to remove but if you spray it in cracks ( cus over spray is almost unavoidable ) then getting the last bits off will be a hastle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchhead