blackdenali motivated me to claybar/wax my tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
ya, that's why i didn't use the cleaner wax...and i've used paste wax before, but crappy turtle, so went with the meguiar's this time...which i'd used before also, but in liquid form, paste is definitely better

I only use paste wax to me the liquid wax in comprable to spray wax and just doesn't give you that deep mirror finish! My $.02

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, and i've only claybarred once, several months ago, but never did the roof, i did that yesterday, and ugh, it was horrible, it needed it bad

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Claying is a B***h but sometimes its your only option to get the paint back to it shinny self! It's all worth it in the end! Gotta Love BLACK!!! :)

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meguiar's Paste Wax FTW!!

No sense in using the cleaner wax if you clayed it first!

Claybaring and cleaner wax are two different functions. Claybaring removes contaminants such as rail dust, while a cleaner wax will do a light "cleaning" of the paint - removing light swirl marks.

If you have deeper swirl marks, or RIDS (random isolated deep scratches), then you have to go more abrasive than a cleaner wax, such as Meguiar's M105 and M205 compounds.

Since you cannot always feel and see contaminants, you should always start with a claybar. Otherwise, you could just end up rubbing them deeper into the paint with a cleaner wax or polish.

I think you posted in your thread that you did both, right? That's the correct way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dod5-3-6L80e