Blacking out the escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaC851

Reaction score
I got my 24" wheels finished and mounted yesterday along with the tails and brake light but it just looks completely out of place with the chrome roof racks, chrome door handles, and chrome trim on the side steps...

For the roof racks, the end caps come off to remove the whole rack right? Do those end caps just pop off? I pulled on them a little yesterday but was afraid to pull to hard...

And what the about the door handles....i see how to get the front off by popping the rubber cover off on the inside of the front door but what about the back door handles...also will I be able to just remove the chrome handle part? of does the handle along with all the housing come off together?

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the endcaps of the roof racks pop off. give steady force and pull. Once off, it will expose the screws and allow you to take off the racks that run across the roof.

Ive been thinking about blacking out my escalade as well. post pics when your done.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Any plans for the headlights?

OP
OP
Z

ZaC851

Reaction score
not sure about the headlights yet. So I've been told I cant use the spray tint like I did on my tail lights because it has a red tint in it to help the brake lights shine through better. I'm going to keep the front and rear wreaths chrome though

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my album or other threads to see my black housing projectors and my old factory lights with clear corners. Also look at sam hamm's ext. He has black housing projectors. Also, Ebay sells vynil for heads and fogs for cheap.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My black projectors

Attachments

• 7d3.jpg
    7d3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Z

ZaC851

Reaction score
Figured I would post the pics and will post more when finished. HOPEFULLY I'll get it done this weekend assuming weather doesn't mess it up.

Here's what is done last weekend. Tail lights blacked out and second one is the newly painted wheels
ddf8ba2c.gif
a5d3508d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monicapapo