Blackstone Oil Sample Analysis Report, EcoTech3 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K5-Z71

Reaction score
For reference here is the results of my 22 model 5.3 after 37k miles. I've been lazy and change the oil when the DIC shows 2% which works out to be about 7,500 miles. South TX, mostly 75mph highway between Austin and Houston. At each oil change I am amazed how little oil this engine consumes and the catch can only has an ounce which almost makes me regret purchasing the J&L canister extension.

Using Kirkland Signature 0W-20 Full Synthetic with whatever filter is on sale at the store.

37k mile SOAP check.png

I am a bit surprised they are asking for a 10k interval on this engine, I don't think I will for warranty / lifter purposes but its good to see the oil could take it.

Antonm

Reaction score
I like Blackstone a lot (given them at least a few thousand dollars now over the years), but I swear I think they make up those universal averages numbers.
I've got several reports for different vehicles and a few of my cars I've owned for awhile have 5 or more samples done on them, not once have the universal averages even been close, even for subsequent samples of the same vehicle.
I'm no tribologist, but that copper (bearing maternal) seems a little high to me. ALthough with lead being zero, that may not mean much.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tony Olivera

Latest posts