Blown Bose speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you can add a seperate subwoofer to the factory Bose setup as well...(contrary to what is all over forums)

OP
OP
neloms

neloms

Reaction score
and you can add a seperate subwoofer to the factory Bose setup as well...(contrary to what is all over forums)

Have you seen a DIY thread on that install? I'd love to do that as well. Thanks for all the input, guys!

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Bose, I just bought an add-an-amp harness and tapped into existing sub leads and installed my own turn on switch(you could easily tie into something that uses accesory turn-on as well I'm sure).

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I had bose and put polk speakers in place of the bose with stock everything else. Worked fine. Sound even better now with a complete system.

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm changing my front speakers right now... I'll let you know what happens

OP
OP
neloms

neloms

Reaction score
If you do replace them with aftermarkets, you'll have to mount them with self-tappers. The "true" speaker size is 6 3/4", but any 6 1/2" will do. Some companies make the oversized GM 6 3/4" sizes though. For the wiring, you can buy speaker harness adapters that will plug into the stock speaker harness. You can get these at your local stereo shop or Best Buy.
One more thing, the Bose speakers are two ohm, whereas most aftermarkets are 4ohm, so you may notice a slight difference in output.

Thanks for the tips! I found some Infinity Reference speakers that are two ohm, I might buy four of those and do all the speakers at once...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap