bluefusion - which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naturally i ordered before triple checking, but i ordered the BFCL2K.
but when i want online to look at installation instructions today, anticipating the delivery, i see they show model # that is different.
Ive got an 04 z71. bose with the indash cd changer. but i havent even played with it enough to know if it has the xm box or not.
would i just cycle through the aux button and see if xm is a prompt?
or how else would i know what i have.

thanks

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

i think i found it, appears to be xm ready

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they shipped the blufusion without the interface module anyways. so im going to see if i can get the module or the moto ihf 1000 faster.
seems like the moto with the gm harness may be equal if not better.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update for those interested. My truck did not have the XM module. So had to pull the radio. Even so, the hookup was done in about 10 minutes.
Another 20 to figure out why it wasnt pairing, with the truck off.
then another 10 to find why i was blowing fuses. I forgot to insulate the connectors and one must have been touching the metal bracket when i slid all the wires in.
The phone calling sounds as good as any factory ive ever used.
the music streaming is pretty simple.
All in all easily worth the cost vs. a new head unit.

bigblue05

Reaction score
blue fusion is working great no issues with phone or streaming

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im assuming that was a question?
and the answer is yes. phone clarity is better than my dads infinity. answer right from the steering wheel controls. syncs fast. the only thing i keep forgetting is to turn the volume on the radio down when i go back to am/fm. its much cleaner sound than an fm modulator. but i think because its "broadcasted" i turn up the volume to compensate.
now that ive done it, could literally be a 15 minute install. plus i like that its entirely behind the dash. no plugs or additional power switches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts