Infotainment Issues a Plenty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sine the Y171 update, my wife noticed a few issues with the infotainment system. It looses 4G signal on and off, the Sirius XM audio cuts out, Car Play doesn’t connect automatically like it use to. It isn’t just her phone, mine doesn’t connect either, has something to do with the WiFi, it doesn’t connect automatically, I have to manually cycle the infotainment WiFi.
I was going to have the Y172 update done, then yesterday out of the blue, she gets in, starts it, all the radio station presets are gone, the 2 driver seat presets are set back to factory, and when CarPlay finally connects, it’s like someone hit the magnifier and enlarged the CarPlay infotainment screen. Mechanic looks at it, no codes, battery tests good, he said take it in and get the updates done.
Wife drives it home, sets everything back up. This morning she gets in it, all is well. She is running some errands, parked for maybe 10 minutes, gets in, and everything is reset again. She isn’t happy. Looks like a trip to the stealer for the updates, “Failed Brake Fluid Level Detection”, “Serial Gateway Module and Radio”, and the Y172 update. Hopefully that will either resolve the issue, or brick the infotainment so they have to replace it.
Missing the days of the simplistic pull the station button out, push back in to set it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003