BlueStar Bluetooth Groupbuy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
any chance this would work on an 01? just thinking i cant use my onstar since its the analog but if the module replaces it to use bluetooth i would still have a use for it. anybody know?

Just saw this on their website:

Note: The BlueSTAR 2010 is designed for GM class2 and GMLAN data vehicles only. It will not work in vehicles that do not utilize either of these communication busses to mute the radio. This includes early model GM vehicles (pre-2002) that utilized the Entertainment and Control Bus (E&C) to mute the radio. Contact us or refer to your service manual when in doubt.

If I had the money, I'd be all over this. Can't afford jack right now, though.

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so did they get the steering wheel controls working in tahoes yet?

I was interested but that functionality was not yet available for our specific vehicles, and i have not seen anything that says it has been added yet.

The unit is basically a motorola hf-850 module with a custom adapter board so it can use the existing mic and mirror buttons and interface with the radio.

on the positive note, if you have an 02-04 T/Y/S your 'onstar' is probably useless anyway since they were digital-READY, not digital compatible.
(you can check by VIN on the onstar website)
It's a $199 contract + $15 to have Gm update the module to digital compliant onstar. About the same price with the group buy to go bluetooth instead.

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I won't pay the On-Star prices, but have to admit that while it did work it worked in places in Alaska where no cell phones would.

I'd like to get this bluetooth unit. That'd be really handy, but I have no work at the moment, so no new toys for a while. :(

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, I made a mistake above, they have finally released a newer version.

the Bluestar PNP was based on the HF850 module.
This bluestar 2010 is a NEW model, and thus may have the features I was waiting on.

MOSTLY I WAS WAITING ON THE "talking mouth" button to work. that isn't enabled yet but this unit will permit you to flash Update the unit when it is.

since it looks like my local city is about to pass another stupid 'safety' measure by banning cell phone HOLDING I might want one.
Of course I wanted a NAV too. :( I am not sure what they mean by "nav guidance voice will be lost with removal of onstar" is that forthe ONSTAR directions, or the actual nav unit directions?

Last edited:

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I am not sure what they mean by "nav guidance voice will be lost with removal of onstar" is that forthe ONSTAR directions, or the actual nav unit directions?

Good question Eagle, I'd like to know that as well.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Good question Eagle, I'd like to know that as well.

In my 08, for example, I have voice controls that allow me to control the radio, navigation, etc. I will lose this by installing BlueStar. I won't be able to tell the radio to change stations as an example or tell it to change to night mode for the navigation etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48