BlueStar Bluetooth Groupbuy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redlx50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i installed the bluestar, but it doesn't seem to be working to well. It initially paired with the phone just fine and i could make calls thru the onstar controls. It stopped working, i unplugged the unit and plugged it in again and it paired with the phone and began working again. After a couple of uses it stopped again. I'm on the emails with Chris at costar trying to figure it out. Seems like these units have some bugs in them.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in the quality/functionality of this product. From my testing and use it is clear that it has been released earlier than it clearly should have. The number of problems I am experiencing are ridiculous. I have since tested with 5 different phones from blackberry, android to basic flip phones. I experience the following across all device platforms:

- Random volume levels from one call to the next in the same connection period as well as from one session to another the next ignition cycle

- Random microphone volume quality from call to call in same patterns as mentioned above

- Random in-call audio drops while the phone still remains connected and call as well. Forced to hangup or switch to handset/speaker in phone

I have used the PC application to tweak input/output audio settings noticing changes but again... nothing consistent with regard to normal usage.

As mentioned above, I initially thought it was a device specific issue however, this thing is just flat out flaky!

Please note, I'm not trying to bash this product rather pass information from my experiences. This unit needs some serious updates to bring it up to the level of stability to justify regular usage. In my case... it's pointless to use it sine I end up putting in my headset due to one of the issues above within a few minutes of a call. :emotions122:

Overall it has potential but just isn't there yet.

** Update **

I'm going to install the new firmware update that's been released and see if this helps the mentioned issues.

Last edited:

watches01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering how this is working out, I'd like to order one but I keep reading about the issues with them. Any updates on your situation?

Shelbya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hows the call quaility

I'd like to hear from someone that has installed and is using one of these bluestar 2010 units. Would you buy it again? or should I keep looking

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great information guys! Keep it coming. I'm going to buy something soon but it's hard to find information out there on these products.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I have it installed on my 08' Denali and its working as intended since the newly released software update this past month.

Shelbya

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for Yaron

Thanks for posting Yaron, I was trying to PM you and I haven't posted enough yet. In your profile you list lock pick along side the bluestar. Is it required for bluestar ?

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is the long term use of this product going? Sounds like it would be a net thing to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts