Body Lift Pending Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on a body lift for my 96 Yukon 4Dr but the rear bolts snapped off now need help removing them any input on how to get them out or is there another way of doing this

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Weld one of te feont bolts on and lossen a lil then tighten do ta alot aswell as put a shitload of wd40 on. I did that and used impact tools to get it out. Luckily i only had one bad. Nuts brake loose so a bolt will do

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Like so
IMAG0470_zps0b4c9352.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

These were my rear bolts...
IMAG0466_zps8685c7c3.jpg

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just "shuttered" out loud at the sight of those bolts. Thats really kinda cool and also ...Not.

Good technique...Would that be the most common? Is there more ways to get bolts out with broken heads? I've never really ran into such a problem yet. Fingers crosssed emoticon.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I tried weldinga nut. No good, used vice grips n they just slipped off. Welding another bolt is the best. Used a reverse drill bit aswell. They are shit

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I used 3 car batteries to arc weld lol... Dont own a welder so...

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i felt so bad for you during that whole body lift Gzes

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

OP start soaking that bolt now with kroil or pb blaster

EDIT: anyone looking at this thread thinking about doing a body lift at least a week before you do it you should start soaking the bolts daily with Kroil or pb blaster....not 5 min before you start the job

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea like ian said pb blast a week before and if it doesn't want to come out tighten Ben loosen that gets the crud loose

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also heat up the area around the bolt that your trying to get out. Heating will cause the metal to expand. Try not to heat the bolt directly or it will expand.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Its hard to heat the area up. I used a propane torch and it didnt really work. Like i said i tried everything when my bolt snapped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968