Body Work Help/Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys Recently had some body work done on my truck. Just curious what i SHOULD Cost. Also have some issues with the job that was done. I,ll give you a run down of what was supposed to be done and what i supplied them with and the problems.

Work to be done
1 - repaint entire truck
2- remove dents, dings and key marks and change drivers side door pins
3- paint rear window vent things to match truck
4- repaint and remount rear spoiler
5 - paint and install cowl, hood, new grille and smooth wiper cowl by wipers supplied by me.
6- installed already powder coated billet grill, n-fab steps and black bow tie.
7- install in channel rain guards
8 - paint and install bushwacker fender flares

Problems with work.

1 - broke mounts that hold bottom of grill in causing grill to rub against bumper and ruin paint,

2 - didnt put trim around windshield
3- didnt put hood spring and other hood components on new hood.
4- got over spray of primer and solvent on brand new powder coated buckstop bumper leaving purple marks i cant get out.
5 - left rust and didnt paint area under door frame
6- mounted all new grill accessories that came with new hardware with either old hardware or sheet rock screws.
7- didnt went sand truck, left orange peel look and imperfections (dirt) in clear coat and some runs.
8 - said wiper cowl wouldnt fit and didnt install. painted it prior to checking fit so it can not be returned.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20130330_155348_183.jpg
    IMG_20130330_155348_183.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20130331_114822_495.jpg
    IMG_20130331_114822_495.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20130331_114812_784.jpg
    IMG_20130331_114812_784.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20130331_114816_664.jpg
    IMG_20130331_114816_664.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 60

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
costs very from place to place but if something was damaged or incomplete properly on what you agreed on then it is the shops responsibility to fix it. period.

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt agree on a price. Car was keyed, both sides. i paid whatever my insurance paid me. Just curious what the job should cost. Only thing i laid out of pocket was the aftermarket items

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well any excellent paint job using dupont or ppg paint or better that includes all sanding to priming to base coat paint to clear coat in several coats of each out here in cali should be at least at minimum 3k but likely more. not including body repair.

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well any excellent paint job using dupont or ppg paint or better that includes all sanding to priming to base coat paint to clear coat in several coats of each out here in cali should be at least at minimum 3k but likely more. not including body repair.

body shop got a total of $4300. I didnt pay anything to them. I agree with the body shop being responsible but after seeing the quality of work that took 3 weeks i really do not want them touching my truck again.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you supply the new parts? depending the amount of dents and other prep work and insurance charge, up id say your right in the ballpark.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
body shop got a total of $4300. I didnt pay anything to them. I agree with the body shop being responsible but after seeing the quality of work that took 3 weeks i really do not want them touching my truck again.

i think you should take your case to the insurance company then.

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance Company cant do anything. Check was issued to me and the damage to the truck was repaired. it was a comprehensive claim for vandalism. The check was issued to me not them

Spoke to body shop today he wasn't happy hearing about work that was done and will handle everything. I paid for all aftermarket parts. there were a decent amount of dings, dents that were taken care of. I was just curious the price range.

Thank you guys again for your help. the truck looks amazing just wasnt to happy of the quality of work and carelessness

EvAZRt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If its an honest body shop they should take care of most those problems. Like the gel coat and over spray and lack of spraying areas. I would just talk to them about your concerns. That stuff wouldn't fly at my body shop.... What kind of grill is that you have? It looks like you put a 2005 era grill or clip on it?

Great looking truck tho. I going for a look like that. I'd love to see more pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby