brake caliper paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigntall1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven't done the tahoe brakes but I have painted the brakes on my avalanche. I know it's not what you're looking for but the red really have people asking me how much I paid for the high performance brakes.
I used the Duplicolor kit. Used a brush. Didn't need to tape or mask anything off.
IMG_5305.gif
IMG_0509.gif
2195826_29_full.gif

Last edited:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
what did you guys do to prep the surface of your calipers prior to painting them?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what did you guys do to prep the surface of your calipers prior to painting them?

I used some brake cleaner and a rag...that's it. Then I taped off anything I didn't want paint on....and then sprayed them.

Bigntall1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used some brake cleaner and a rag...that's it. Then I taped off anything I didn't want paint on....and then sprayed them.

Same method here minus the taping. The duplicolor kits comes with spray on cleaner. Spray it on then wipe the calibers down with a rag.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the brush on kit came with cleaner, tape, and a brush...one can did 4 sets of calipers.
Not 4, but 4 trucks.

Bigntall1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bigntall1 - how did you go about putting letters on the calipers that's pretty cool :Handshake:

At the time I painted the calipers I worked for a company that had the maintenance contract for the Navy Training Jets. I had friends that worked in the corrision control department and they were responsible for painting the aircraft and putting the lettering and numbers that you see on them. They have a machine that creates and cuts decals and they made them for me. But you can order you own online. Just google brake decals and there are a lot of sites that make them. It's not expensive. Maybe $10 for a set. I need to order some more because I had mine repainted last fall and it was too hard trying to paint around the decals so I painted over them. I don't work for that company anymore so I dont know if I can get the same hook up I got before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSalsoNNBS