Brake Light and No Traction Control Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flavert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently replaced all the brake pads and changed the brake fluid on my 2004 Yukon XL. Ever since then the Brake Warning light and the No Traction Control light have been lit on the dash and I get Service Brake System and Stabilitrac Disabled (or something like that) on the DIC at start-up. I've check the brake fluid level and I have scanned the truck with my Tech 2 and see no DTC's. So how do I get these lights to go out?

Thanks,
Rick L.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All the other warning lights are likely on since the brake warning light is on. Check your float inside the brake master cylinder. May be able to just tap the side of reservoir and it will break free and float to top. Make sure wiring is attached at the master cylinder. Make sure the wheel speed sensors at the front wheels are plugged in and clean. May have dislodged one or both during brake work.

OP
OP
F

Flavert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anyone looking at this in the future, I used my Tech 2 to run the ABS Bleed process 4 or 5 times and the lights cleared. I think the reason for the lights was that the pedal was too low due to air in the ABS module.

HTH

Rick L.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
For anyone looking at this in the future, I used my Tech 2 to run the ABS Bleed process 4 or 5 times and the lights cleared. I think the reason for the lights was that the pedal was too low due to air in the ABS module.

HTH

Rick L.

mine have been on for a long time also. i might have to try this myself. good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52