brake problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Welcome to the group!!! I have the most boring job in the whole world, so to not just gossip on facebook, I hang out here. There are many really, really smart folks here, who've had the same problems you'll have, or have had, and know the easiest way to fix it. Keep us posted, and get some pictures up of your ride. :drunk:

OP
OP
B

bsbladine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, after a long night I got it back together but I am not sure I got the pitman arm back on the steering gear box completely. Is it ok to have some of the spline still showing or do I need to pull it back apart and get it on farther?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Yes, you'll have some spline still showing. It is a compression fit, so just make sure you get the proper amount of "oompf" on the nut, and you're good to go.

OP
OP
B

bsbladine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great, thanks for all the help. It seems to be the answer to my shaking problem. I really appreciate the advise.

OP
OP
B

bsbladine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, now after replacing the idler and pitman arms, I have a pulsing going through the pedal instead of the wheel shake that I had. Any more ideas?
Thanks

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Only when you hit the brakes, or all the time? In your original posts, you mentioned you've already replaced the rotors and ball joints, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091

Latest posts