Brake upgrade suggestions wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubbs1

Reaction score
Hey Forum, I am new to the forum and have some newbie questions. I recently bought an 08' Yukon SLT 4x4 and am looking to do some mods. I am going to be getting 24'' wheels and doing a 2/3 drop. With the additional weight of the rims i want to upgrade the braking system. I want this truck to stop on a dime. I am willing to spend 2500 max on it. Whats the best set up that i can get for this price range?

Also, where would be the best place to order from?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Welcome, I have basically the same setup that you want to do. I have the Baer Brake aluma sport kit all around on mine and love them. But if you are looking to spend that much you should be able to ge a 4 piston 15-16 rotor front kit for it. Brembo's are really expensive but you might be able to get a stoptech for a couple hundred more. But for a little lower you can get the kit that I have the Baer Aluma Sport. It is a upgraded rotor 14" upgraded calipers in the front just a little bigger the the stocks and in the back it is a 14" rotor as well and a 2 piston rear caliper that replaces the stock one piston one. Hope that helps

Brent

OP
OP
C

cdubbs1

Reaction score
Thanks BlackedoutLT3. I really want something with a 16" rotor because it looks cool, but i'm hearing that the Baer 14'' kit is really good. How much did the Baer set up cost? And did you have any issues with your rims fitting after the caliper upgrade?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
How much did the alumasports run you on all 4 corners? Can you use them with McGaughy's drop spindles?

I actually got a hell of a good deal on them. Got them off ebay from some guy that had them on his show Escalade for 500 dollars and they were barely used.

brownridge12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i would suggest you check that in the eBay you should be surely able to find out something good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut