Update: Brand new Tahoe left me broke down in heavy traffic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2024 Tahoe RST with sport performance package just last week. At only 320 miles on the odometer it died at the intersection of a service road and busy thoroughfare causing quite the backup. The dash told me to restart, but it mostly just cranked and made a slight effort to turn over before immediate dieing again, as in not even a full revolution, at least from what I could tell listening to it. It has the 6.2 so I wonder if it's the dreaded bearing issue. Only 320 miles, is this going to be the quickest break down in forum history?

UPDATE: My Tahoe left me stranded on Wednesday and I just picked it up again from the dealership today (Friday). It was the fuel pump module. Seems to be running fine now and I'm relieved it wasn't the main bearing or lifters. It shakes my confidence somewhat to have an issue like that on a brand new vehicle, but at only 320 miles I'm thinking it must have been a bad module from the factory. Anyone else ever experience similar?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As I mentioned in my update, the fuel pump module was replaced and the truck is running, but I did get a flashing check engine light yesterday. So much to go wrong on a vehicle that hasn't even hit 400 miles yet.

NhrTPA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2024 Tahoe RST with sport performance package just last week. At only 320 miles on the odometer it died at the intersection of a service road and busy thoroughfare causing quite the backup. The dash told me to restart, but it mostly just cranked and made a slight effort to turn over before immediate dieing again, as in not even a full revolution, at least from what I could tell listening to it. It has the 6.2 so I wonder if it's the dreaded bearing issue. Only 320 miles, is this going to be the quickest break down in forum history?

UPDATE: My Tahoe left me stranded on Wednesday and I just picked it up again from the dealership today (Friday). It was the fuel pump module. Seems to be running fine now and I'm relieved it wasn't the main bearing or lifters. It shakes my confidence somewhat to have an issue like that on a brand new vehicle, but at only 320 miles I'm thinking it must have been a bad module from the factory. Anyone else ever experience similar?
My dad's 2023 Tahoe just had a fuel pump go out. Our 2023 Tahoe was delivered without a functioning AC, and we have had to had two compressors replaced before 7k miles. At 8400K miles we had a fuel injector on cylinder 1. Waiting for the others to go! Right now it's in the shop for over a week because the "Computer" thinks it is a 2022 Chevy van and I started to see "signs" of something going wrong on the dash system. They are waiting for a part and have to take the whole dash out. We are at 20k miles right now. I did buy the extended warranty when we bought it but wondering what other crazy thing is going to go wrong before the manufacturer warranty expires. Oh this would all be less funny without adding....the dealership had to paint the front bumper cause they messed scratched it somehow during one of its long stays....and this time they gave us a rental from Hertz, a Chevy Traverse that stopped running and had to be towed so then Hertz gave us a Ford Expedition....

Smokin Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dad's 2023 Tahoe just had a fuel pump go out. Our 2023 Tahoe was delivered without a functioning AC, and we have had to had two compressors replaced before 7k miles. At 8400K miles we had a fuel injector on cylinder 1. Waiting for the others to go! Right now it's in the shop for over a week because the "Computer" thinks it is a 2022 Chevy van and I started to see "signs" of something going wrong on the dash system. They are waiting for a part and have to take the whole dash out. We are at 20k miles right now. I did buy the extended warranty when we bought it but wondering what other crazy thing is going to go wrong before the manufacturer warranty expires. Oh this would all be less funny without adding....the dealership had to paint the front bumper cause they messed scratched it somehow during one of its long stays....and this time they gave us a rental from Hertz, a Chevy Traverse that stopped running and had to be towed so then Hertz gave us a Ford Expedition....
Insane!! What have w done to our rides?? They are as complex as Space Shuttles! How'd that work out.....

NhrTPA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Insane!! What have w done to our rides?? They are as complex as Space Shuttles! How'd that work out.....
Oh I forgot how they had to blow out the heater core cause I had a noise that sounded like a gerbil going around a wheel.... it's been so disappointing. And my dad's has had more issues than ours. His mainly electrical.

Smokin Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently traded in my 2015 Yukon Denali 6.2 L for a 2024 Grand Cherokee Summit ( $70k) Yukon engine failed at 2k ( valve spring broke!) And 48k (lifters failed!). At 78k A/C Compressor failed too....

At 80K miles, they gave me $23k trade in. Looked and ran great!

I love the air suspension and reliability of simple strong V-6 w 300HP.......

But now a near crash showed me none of my Collisions Mitigation system works!! I proved it to Dealer by run ing around his Lot with him in car, aimed straight other cars and rind corners of buildings. No Red warning lights. No braking. Nothing! Only my swerving at last second avoided a crash!
He said Computer and settings check out fine. I filed complaint w Jeep. They had Engineer call Dealer to discuss. No progress. "All is fine"....

I filmed myself barreling towards obstacles in my driveway. Zero warning.
( you must swerve at last second cause they say touching brakes negates the Mitigation system from engaging) No response yet. My Yukon system
worked great!

I called Lemon Law Atty this morn.... Only 1500 miles on it. I otherwise love the ride..... damn shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vengfullion

Latest posts