Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well…we got the intake manifold out and from what I’m seeing, I’m pretty sure it was a bad intake gasket.

Going to start cleaning it up and putting it back together. If it’s more than a bad gasket, going to have to have some different conversations with Joseph on how far we dig into this thing.

It is pretty nasty in there. That’s for sure, but it’s a 25 yr old motor.View attachment 361294View attachment 361295View attachment 361296
I've def seen worse. Hopefully that's all it is. Is there a lot of sludge in the valley? Glad to see Joseph elbow deep in there--although I'm not surprised.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well…we got the intake manifold out and from what I’m seeing, I’m pretty sure it was a bad intake gasket.

Going to start cleaning it up and putting it back together. If it’s more than a bad gasket, going to have to have some different conversations with Joseph on how far we dig into this thing.

It is pretty nasty in there. That’s for sure, but it’s a 25 yr old motor.View attachment 361294View attachment 361295View attachment 361296

It's your posts like this that make me question my manhood. It's 45° out and I'm hiding inside like a little bítch. Well done, Joseph, Wade and Julie!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, get out there and DO IT! Nice job son!!!! :grd:

Reminds of of when I had to replace the heads on my '89 Burby.

You weren't alone. I was out there today closing up my fuel pump job and replacing the interior. mid to upper 20's. Just got done as sunset hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victorrocha