Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing the important things first. A sabbath is a good thing.
Well, we got the lower intake manifold back on and closed up the coolant system. Wanted to hold off getting everything put back together until I had a chance to put coolant in the system and check for any possible leaks. I have poured 1-1/2 gal in and it is taking forever to percolate the air out which is a positive sign. I am guessing that there was still about 2 gal still in the 4.5 gal system so I’m thinking I have 3-1/2 gal in now.

It appears to holding pressure when tested with my little Mity-Vac hand unit and the rubber stopper that I have. I can get it up to 10 psi with this set up and it appears to hold.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!

Did you get the CMP Retard set on the distributor? Not sure if you have a tech2, but there are a couple of apps that usually work to read it with a Bluetooth OBD adapter.

Last time I did that job, I forgot to replace that little lifter valley tray. Had it all buttoned up when I saw it on the bench. Lots of cuss words after that.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good!

Did you get the CMP Retard set on the distributor? Not sure if you have a tech2, but there are a couple of apps that usually work to read it with a Bluetooth OBD adapter.

Last time I did that job, I forgot to replace that little lifter valley tray. Had it all buttoned up when I saw it on the bench. Lots of cuss words after that.
Haven't gotten that far yet. I did indicate position and alignment of the distributor housing and rotor so I should be able to get it close since the motor has not been spun yet. I have a couple scan tools, one of which is bluetooth, that I am going to try, otherwise I have a friend with a scan tool that will help dial it in, if needed, when I get to that point.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, evidently working on the intake wasn’t all I had on my to-do list. Javier reminded me that I had not replaced the lightening connector or the battery on his iPhone 7. It was very difficult for him to charge his phone due to a bad connector and a worn out battery didn’t help since it would lose its charge quickly. After about 1-1/2 hours of tearing an iPhone down about as far as you can and putting it back together, Javier now has a iPhone 7 with a new battery and a working lightening connector to charge it with. Next I get to change just 4B393AF0-AA6F-4FAB-95C2-CAF901FFB1CE.jpegthe battery in Molly’s iPhone 7 as well.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, evidently working on the intake wasn’t all I had on my to-do list. Javier reminded me that I had not replaced the lightening connector or the battery on his iPhone 7. It was very difficult for him to charge his phone due to a bad connector and a worn out battery didn’t help since it would lose its charge quickly. After about 1-1/2 hours of tearing an iPhone down about as far as you can and putting it back together, Javier now has a iPhone 7 with a new battery and a working lightening connector to charge it with. Next I get to change just View attachment 361375the battery in Molly’s iPhone 7 as well.
Nice job. Thats no easy task. Especially reconnecting the ribbon cables.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Thats no easy task. Especially reconnecting the ribbon cables.
You aren't kidding about reconnecting the cables. There are two coax connections that were a PITA! Those two connections alone took me 45 minutes to get put back. That is absolutely the deepest I have been into an iPhone. I've done batteries and new screens a few times and that is pretty straight forward, but when the back case is completely devoid of any parts and that is where you start reassembly.....that gets the anxiety going.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, evidently working on the intake wasn’t all I had on my to-do list. Javier reminded me that I had not replaced the lightening connector or the battery on his iPhone 7. It was very difficult for him to charge his phone due to a bad connector and a worn out battery didn’t help since it would lose its charge quickly. After about 1-1/2 hours of tearing an iPhone down about as far as you can and putting it back together, Javier now has a iPhone 7 with a new battery and a working lightening connector to charge it with. Next I get to change just View attachment 361375the battery in Molly’s iPhone 7 as well.
I started fixing iPhones with iPhone 4, FOREVER ago. Nice job!

How did you reseal it? I haven't messed with the 7-up phones due to there water resistance and not wanting to mess that part up.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started fixing iPhones with iPhone 4, FOREVER ago. Nice job!

How did you reseal it? I haven't messed with the 7-up phones due to there water resistance and not wanting to mess that part up.
I bought a replacement seal for the phone to maintain the water resistance. IFIXIT has some great videos and step-by-steps as well as the parts and tools needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victorrocha