Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, Javier is the proud new owner of his own truck he bought with his own money. He has been looking for quite a while and came across a 2001 F-350 that was in his budget. All in all it’s a solid truck, albeit 21 years old, but it will need some work, but what better way to learn and spend time with him.

He also signed up to attend a local community college in the fall to take their Auto Tech course while still working at the body shop.
B77DC98B-B5E9-4B19-B54E-9875810898E0.jpeg0D952777-1B38-4018-9B26-D32C79D1A94C.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
On a positive note, Javier is the proud new owner of his own truck he bought with his own money. He has been looking for quite a while and came across a 2001 F-350 that was in his budget. All in all it’s a solid truck, albeit 21 years old, but it will need some work, but what better way to learn and spend time with him.

He also signed up to attend a local community college in the fall to take their Auto Tech course while still working at the body shop.
View attachment 361909View attachment 361911
Careful with those Triton V10 motors. Did you guys check it out?

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful with those Triton V10 motors. Did you guys check it out?
Yeah. Checked it out best we could. It needs some exhaust manifold studs replaced but otherwise seems to be in decent shape. Time will tell if we got a good deal or not. He didn’t pay a lot for it and actually negotiated some more off the price because of the exhaust manifold issue. I knew more about the truck than the guy selling it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah. Checked it out best we could. It needs some exhaust manifold studs replaced but otherwise seems to be in decent shape. Time will tell if we got a good deal or not. He didn’t pay a lot for it and actually negotiated some more off the price because of the exhaust manifold issue. I knew more about the truck than the guy selling it.
Good luck with it. Maybe you guys can start an Under Construction thread in "Other Vehicles ". That would be informative for other members, and for you too.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Might need to finally invest in the special tool set they make just for that purpose.
That tool works great btw.

Hope you start feeling better soon dude. Keep an eye on that ox, 93 is kinda on the low end. Drink plenty of fluids. If you get worse, get help. Don't wait around.

I hate covid. I REALLY HATE COVID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victorrocha