Buy a 2003 Yukon Denali or 2005 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen3usa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
get them to drop the price on the 03', just picked up an 03' LT here with 75k and paid 14k for it, they had it marked for 20k, look it over big time and keep stating how you would need to do this and that, if they took it in as a trade you will have a ton of room to work. IMHO

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 03 LT for 10,100...glad I bought when I did...I wouldn't pay more.

Cameron

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Low mileage on 03. Plus captains chairs are nice. And 03 and 05 are not that different so a lower year isn't even a factor. I say the 03 denali for sure !! Or ask yourself if you like red or white better! Both are clean vehicles.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I k is I definitely enjoy the captain chairs in the burb! That second row bench is a pain if you've got young kids or people sitting in the third row often.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear bench will easily fold down for more cargo...I don't think you have that option with captains chairs so if storage/cargo is important...03

The 05 has nav & dvd BUT with the price difference you could easily upgrade the 03 with a nice double din (like pioneer 4200) and get nav & still be way under the 05 asking price.

03 has lower mileage...

Not many changes in the trucks from 03 on...

I say 03...

Cameron

I'd go '03 for the same reasons mentioned. Price still seems a bit high to me. I got mine about 2 years ago for a couple thousand less.

IMO....price is too high on both. Move on unless they are willing to negotiate

+1

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
Captains chairs in the second row are a big deal to me. The wife's former Z71 Suburban had the bench in the second row and it was a pain at times (along with the 1 piece third row). The configuration versatility of the captains, like being able to fold one and not the other, is huge...couple that with the ease of access to the third row and it becomes a deal breaker if it doesn't have them.

I don't think 2003 had the third row option...available starting in 2004? That may not matter to you, though...

And I love my Denali...paid a premium for it when I bought it new, but worth every penny!

OP
OP
M

merdoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the owner of the dealership and was told that the best he could do on the 2003 would be $13,000 and $16000 for the 2005. What to do now? Sign on the dotted line for......

uvacarbuff

Reaction score
Have you driven them both? If so, which one drives better? Which one appears better maintained?

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you driven them both? If so, which one drives better? Which one appears better maintained?

This what I was thinking.

It seems many here paid a lot less for the trucks, the prices sounded good to me, but maybe they vary greatly depending on area? I paid a Lot more for my 06 Denali, so much more I'm not going to say how much :emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts