Buy a 2003 Yukon Denali or 2005 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimweis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the owner of the dealership and was told that the best he could do on the 2003 would be $13,000 and $16000 for the 2005. What to do now? Sign on the dotted line for......

Phone is no good, you must be there in person and ready to walk, they won't want you to leave, they will deal.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck game is tricky. Location is important too. My buddy just bought a mint '02 Navigator w/80K miles for $6,400 but we're in Tampa. These trucks are everywhere. Some are crazy cheap, some are outrageously expensive. It's all in how much effort you want to put into finding "The One".

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phone is no good, you must be there in person and ready to walk, they won't want you to leave, they will deal.

The truck game is tricky. Location is important too. My buddy just bought a mint '02 Navigator w/80K miles for $6,400 but we're in Tampa. These trucks are everywhere. Some are crazy cheap, some are outrageously expensive. It's all in how much effort you want to put into finding "The One".

x2 on both of these. Always be ready to walk away from the deal if they don't come down to where you want them to.

OP
OP
M

merdoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was dealing with the Sales Manager, who is currently out of town, so I was contacted by the Owner of the Dealership, who told me that the 2003 Denali was originally purchased from his dealership in 03', but was traded in by the original owner for a 2010 Denali. He had all service records and told me that the dealership just changed the rear pads/rotors and fixed a crease on the front door (paintless dent removal), other than that the truck was nearly flawless. As far as price wise....he told me the best he could do would be $13,000. The 2005 Denali was originally purchased from another dealership (one owner) and the best he could do $16,000. I described the 2005 Denali incorrectly; it is still white but has tan interior, factory NAV, factory DVD, rear capt Seats with 80k.

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like an easy decision to me. The red one has less miles, costs less and is a more rare color. The only downside I see with the red one is not having electric fans.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new info that 05 doesn't sound too bad but that 03 is still overpriced IMO...he'd need to ge closer to 11k for that one for me to purchase it.

OP
OP
M

merdoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To get the 03' for $11,000, I think would be impossible. Maybe from a private party, but not from a dealership. I will try for $12,000 but I think between $12,500 and $12,700. How much would it cost to upgrade to eFans? Besides the eFans, what other parts would I need? So....What would be a realistic price for the 05' Denali?

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take the 03 for as little as possible, add e-fans for under a couple hundo and put a nav or nice dd radio in it and be nicer/cheaper/less mileage

uvacarbuff

Reaction score
I paid $15,900 for my 2005 almost a month ago. It has NAV, DVD, and a second row bench seat (& third row). It has 90K on it and came with a few modifications... around here in IL it was a good deal IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts