Buzzing sound from center console 110 outlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else experiences a slight buzzing sound coming from the outlet on the center console when charging a laptop. I can’t imagine it’s good so I try to avoid it.
Wife’s laptop is a MacBook Pro and it uses a 96w power adapter so maybe it’s pulling too much power and that’s why it’s buzzing?

Any insight is helpful as she would love to be able to use and charge her laptop on the longer road trips we go on.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost guaranteed to be coil whine from the charger or the inverter for the 110v outlet. Very common electronics problem and only an actual problem for your ears. If the same charger does not create the noise in other outlets my guess would be that the modified sine wave from the inverter is the cause. If the same charger makes the noise on other outlets with different power sources then it is the charger itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1