Calling all 07+ GMC Yukon owners with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meanneen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to this site and just bought an 08 yukon. I do not know where to even begin. Tints are the first thing tomorrow, but what is tough for me is the color. What are some recommended mods for the gold/light tan color?

Does anyone own a gold/tan yukon with mods? Please post!

Attachments

• 4321607313x400.jpg
    4321607313x400.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 35

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Neen ... welcome aboard.

It's a little hard to suggest stuff to you cause we don't know what you like. :)

Are you a chrome person, allergic to chrome, lowering, lifting, performance, rims, lighting ... there really are so many mods and combinations of mods that one could suggest.

So give us an idea of your style. :waytogo:

Cheers!

OP
OP
M

meanneen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am into black! I am defiantly looking for 24" black rims this week...but am just having trouble with what to do with the tail lights, head lights, etc. I am interested in lowering the truck the truck once the rims are on. I would just like to see some pictures! There are so many options. I hope this better describes what I am looking for.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. in regards to the rear of the truck what tails you get will depend on the look you want to achieve.

- You could color match the D pillars and spoiler and get a nice set of led tails.
- You could go on a full escalade rear end mod like I did, with Escalade D pillar appliqués, escalade 3rd, and escalade tails. You could upgrade to the escalade rear bumper but since you prefer black to chrome that would be going in the opposite direction.

As far as headlights there isn't much available in the way of mods other than getting the Denali housings instead of the base ones you have on now. Aftermarket headlights for these truck have terrible output to the point of being unsafe. Of course if you have 1000 or so bucks burning a hole in your pocket you could always get a projector retrofit. :)

24s are big ... wheels that big look better with a drop imo, but there are many folks that run them without a drop.

If it were my truck I'd swap those gigantic side moldings for the newer more elegant version ... they come with or without chrome. Or you could demold/de-badge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

meanneen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the denali housing for the head lights, do they come smoked? Your pictures of your trucks are great! You did a wonderful job. With the 24" rims, I am defiantly getting it lowered as well. Where do you find an updated version of the side moldings?

Also, with the GMC in the front. Do you know where I would get that smoked?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denali lights will be a more brushed look instead of chrome. The easiest way to get a black emblem is to tape off the chrome and paint or paint the whole emblem if you want all black.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the Denali housings have an open side marker and inside they are brushed finish instead of all chrome:

oem denali:

web.jpg

oem base yukon:

HL%2020305-R.jpg

I suppose you can have any housing tinted/smoked ... I tend to shy away from anything that would rob critical lighting like headlights of output, so I don't know how to get that done.

I''ll try to get you the PNs of the moldings... you want the ones with chrome trim or the plain ones?

As far as the emblem, any body shop can paint it any color you want ... if you want just to tint the red part I suppose you could get that done at a tint shop. Again this is not my area of expertise. :shrug:

OP
OP
M

meanneen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Good to know with the head lights. Thank you for posting a Yukon with the same color! I really appreciate it. :hands:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555