cam upgrade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That TSP camshaft and kit will work. When I put camshafts in my 6.2s, they are going to get this:

LLT1 VVT

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
So what should I do about the oil pressure? Is that in the realm of being a concern? I guess I give jasper my findings and let them make that decision. And should I keep driving it? The noise has not gotten worse and doesn’t affect the way it drives.

Trying to figure with out as we are taking our camper next weekend and need to decide if I take it or not

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Also how do I add videos? I took a video with my phone on the tire and you can hear the “rattle” noise pretty good that I’d like for y’all to hear but I can’t seem to find how to add videos lol

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
Also how do I add videos? I took a video with my phone on the tire and you can hear the “rattle” noise pretty good that I’d like for y’all to hear but I can’t seem to find how to add videos lol
Upload it to youtube, then post the direct link to it.

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
if you listen to that video you can hear the clatter/rattle pretty good towards the end of the video as the rpm’s are coming down after revving it up

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Also the weird part is that the noise isn’t always there. I drove down the road with the pressure gauge hooked up and then came back home and the noise wasn’t there at all. So if you guys have any insight as to what’s causing this it would be awesome lol

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That TSP camshaft and kit will work. When I put camshafts in my 6.2s, they are going to get this:

LLT1 VVT
Thats the cam I have in my 6.2
It needs a bit of tuning as it changes the airflow model quite a bit.. I like it.
It was the smallest VVT non-dod cam I could find as I use my Yuk to tow.
It's a very good cam IMO.
As far as the OP's Oil pressure... If his engine still has DOD or VVT he needs
to run the OE spec oil for the oil operated items to work correctly.
And I think the actual oil pressure "issue" is not concerning at this point.

Foxy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would just go with the stage 1 sfm/dod delete cam from texas speed. I have that same cam installed in my 2016 chevy tahoe and it runs stronger than before. Didn't have to do a stall converter and I used a HP tune also. In the future long tube headers are going to get put on also. If you're going to do some towing with your Tahoe I wouldn't go any bigger than stage 1. But it's a big difference in performance over a stock cam

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Well got with jasper with the oil pressures and with that and the noise they’re sending me an engine. I’m going to install it myself and not worry about dealing with another shop. They’re also sending me an engine with afm/did already “deleted” and an hptuners tune to disable it in the pcm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
13-ssv-4x4

Latest posts