Can I put 3rd row seats in a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Limited OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got this ole girl cheap, and she seems to be in real good condition.

75k miles, been garage kept since 2002, so it's real nice, not all dry rotted & rusty.

DSC02489.gif

wife wants 3rd row seats, or else

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you did you'd have to do something custom cuz they didn't start putting a 3rd row seat in the Tahoe until '02 (coulda been '03 :think:). Anyway, it'd have to be a custom retrofit of some sort.

Very nice lookin' Limited by the way :waytogo: I like it!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did you'd have to do something custom cuz they didn't start putting a 3rd row seat in the Tahoe until '02 (coulda been '03 :think:). Anyway, it'd have to be a custom retrofit of some sort.

Very nice lookin' Limited by the way :waytogo: I like it!

On the contrary, my friend. My 2000 tahoe nbs has 3rd row seats.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, my friend. My 2000 tahoe nbs has 3rd row seats.

Really? Then I stand corrected on that. I'd thought I'd read somewhere that the 3rd row didn't become an option (even in NBS rigs) until 2002. Obviously, if you have it in your 2000 then I read wrong :Handshake: Thanks for the info....

My overall point still stands, though. In order to get a 3rd row seat into his Limited (which is an OBS) some sort of custom retrofit would have to take place as the option was not available on OBS Hoes and Kons. :shrug:

OP
OP

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so...am I too understand the OBS never had third row......

so basically, i would have to buy NBS seats, and cobble them into the OBS?

for the price i paid for the truck, and the low miles on it (75k)
it might be worth it.

PS: can you do anything about the awful colors on this forum? some forums let you choose the color in your options, i could not find it on here.

this "dreary poop grey" color makes me depressed.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Then I stand corrected on that. I'd thought I'd read somewhere that the 3rd row didn't become an option (even in NBS rigs) until 2002. Obviously, if you have it in your 2000 then I read wrong :Handshake: Thanks for the info....

My overall point still stands, though. In order to get a 3rd row seat into his Limited (which is an OBS) some sort of custom retrofit would have to take place as the option was not available on OBS Hoes and Kons. :shrug:

Yup, your point was correct.
04ctd I found this, it might help - http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3919
I also saw some third row seats on ebay for $299 plus an arm and a leg for shipping. It said 1999 tahoe third row seats but I'm pretty sure they were from a suburban
There are a few options out there, just showing you what I found within a few minutes.:happy160:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd grab some out of an OBS burb to start with that way less modding is needed and they'll match your current seats closer.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd grab some out of an OBS burb to start with that way less modding is needed and they'll match your current seats closer.

Sorry to get off the subject, but 07burb, why are you over here? Shouldn't you be in the '07+ section... just kiddin! :rofl:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

:slap: I am willing to help whoever man. I've had about 4 different OBS trucks and SUVs and a couple NBS trucks plus my 77 and now my NNBS Burb so if I can help someone then I will. I've had quite a bit of experience with custom work on these trucks and can turn a wrench a bit ;)

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol:

:slap: I am willing to help whoever man. I've had about 4 different OBS trucks and SUVs and a couple NBS trucks plus my 77 and now my NNBS Burb so if I can help someone then I will. I've had quite a bit of experience with custom work on these trucks and can turn a wrench a bit ;)

:cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codyaedwards