Can someone tell me the inlet and outlet size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
I am looking online at Magnaflow and Glasspack mufflers right now and im stumped as to what size inlet and outlet i need to get for my 1996 2dr hoe.
I want to use the stock exhaust. Just a direct replacement for it.
Thank you

Last edited:

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
2.5"/3", DI/SO I believe

I would go with Magnaflow, and go with a 22" or a 18", I will be barely noticeable at idle but you will hear it at WOT. Smaller the case the louder the muffler will be. Size of the tip I will also dictate how deep the sound will be, go with a 4" tip

Last edited:

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine on my 97 was either 2" or 2.25" inlets and a 2.75 outlet. I could measure it later tonight when I get it home.

The previous owner installed a 2.5 daul inlet/3" single outlet muffler and it fit like crap and they welded the gaps in the front of the muffler and they were huge LOL like a .25" gap all the way around and it fell apart shortly after I bought it.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get glasspacks very DIS satisfied with my old ones!!!!

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get glasspacks very DIS satisfied with my old ones!!!!

Yeah glas packs suck. I hate the sound from them, but if you want to get a really good sounding glasspack type muffler look up some dynomax race bullets. They are about $40 each and they are loud, but still sound pretty good. Well they did on my car, but thats got around 430 RWHP :D Now its got a magnaflow muffler on it to keep it a little quieter

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is old but i thought i'd bump it for newbs. i have a 96 2dr. my stock muffler had two 2.25" inlets and one 3" outlet. there are two direct replacements for this that i found. flowmaster makes an SUV 50 series and magnaflow makes one that's reversible which will work also. i just put in a magnaflow and love the sound. i'll update with part numbers later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx