Cant bleed brakes 2008 Tahoe LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coyotejunki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just got back from getting the front wheels aligned. Decided to change out the brake fluid. Sucked out the old fluid from the MS with a syringe and filled with new fluid. Then went to front left wheel had to fight the bleeding screw, and replaced with a new one. Had my brother step on the brake then I would crack open the bleeding screw, close it, and then tell him to let up. I had a hose on the screw going to an empty bottle to catch old fluid. I maintained the level between low and full in the Master cylinder but just can't get the air bubbles to stop coming out when he steps on the brake and then I crack open the screw. I am frustrated.

OP
OP
Coyotejunki

Coyotejunki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, Update, I just tried again, but this time with the engine running. The brake fluid seems to come out a bit foamy, but not many large bubbles like before, and the pedals appears to be getting solid again. I realize the foam is air mixed with the fluid or at least I believe it. LOL I am just guessing but believe the ABS may be the reason. I haven't touched the other 3 wheels at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woody2801