cant decide if im going nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I catch myself pondering on a winter project, and keep getting the idea to take take the body off the frame in my 4 dr. Everyone I tell say im going crazy. The motor is coming out anyways so I figure why not. Has anyone ever tackeled this kind of project on here? If not, does it seem a little crazy of an idea?

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would advise against it unless you were pulling the body already; for a body lift, box in frame, corrosion repair ect. There is really no other reason to pull the body honestly, but im curious as to why you want to as well

OP
OP
WhiteWarWagon

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i plan on doing all the body work and paint and a body lift when it goes back on. also. the frame would be getting sandblasted and painted. im throwing in an all knew front end and switching axles from a ten bolt to a corp. 14 bolt. also. with the body off. it'd give a good chance to strip my interior again. sounds like i may be getting in over my head

OP
OP
WhiteWarWagon

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats kinda the plan. i have 274,000 miles on it. and everything is original. i wanna at least rack up 400,000. worst part is that i do alot of that mileage offroad

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it and post up the pics! Kinda obvious if you ask me !:waytogo:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that would make an awesome sticky ive also wanted to do this now that im stationed in NJ the salt on the roads in the winter really tear into metal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968