Cant figure out this noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missta

Reaction score
So for about a week, my hoe has been making noise. It sounds like a flat tire. I checked the pressure on all tires and it was good. I did discover a screw in one tire. Fixed that, and the noise remains.

It's hard for me to determine where the sound is coming from. I hear it when i accelerate and while braking. The only time i dont hear it is when the truck is stopped.

Can someone please help me out. Im thinking one of the tires may be out of balance. It doesn't sound like rotors or belts.

I dont have the funds to just throw at it. I need help in pointing me in the right direction....thanks

02 Hoe 4wd canadian built flex fuel ls non bose

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
There's no popping sound. It's quite during turns. It doesnt sound like hubs either, unless tahoe hubs have a unique sound

redeknightjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh....maybe worped rotars or sounds like a brake issue. I would check the cv's also.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Ahhh....maybe worped rotars or sounds like a brake issue. I would check the cv's also.
With warped rotors, you normally feel it as well as hear it, correct?

There is no pulsation in the peddle or steering

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
So here's the update. I took it to a shop. They did a qyick drive around the block, put the truck on a lift, and did an inspection. Diagnosis: idler and pitman arms, front hubs, rear bearing, and center link; along with alignment.
I already had hubs and ordered other parts to cut down the expense and just pay for labor.

Something in my spirit told me to return to the factory wheels. I took the 22's off and put the factory set back. When i removed the rear passenger center cap, i discovered a broken stud.

This was the culprit. The wheels I removed are a piece of crap. They are going to the scrap yard tomorrow.

I'm ordering bushings and will replace my entire front end soon. As for now....no more noise. I will replace the stud tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365