Captain seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Did you have to do anything for the carpet between the captains chairs? Or do they really just bolt right in?

I am very interested in doing the same thing if anyone wants a black second row bench.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The carpet wasn't changed at all, the only thing like that which was changed was the trim panels that sit around the seats and cover up the brackets. The captain's have 2 separate ones, while the bench has one large piece.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

By the way I've seen a few threads here with people wanting to trade their captain's, look in the interior section.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
leave him some member feedback...it lets everyone know he was trustworthy

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's up there in my original post, it even says stuff about it being feedback, unless there's a way I do it through his profile as well.

sophomore said:
So, I really HAVE to thank BC Lightning for doing this swap and being really easy to deal with, so if you'd compare this to eBay then he definitely has my positive feedback!

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Nevermind, left him feedback in the right section.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought that it would be that easy. If anybody has black leather captains they want to turn into a bench, let me know..........

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone thinking about doing this swap. I put an add on Craigslist yesterday morning asking if anyone was intersted in doing the swap, by noon I had about 3 people email who were all interested in giving me their captains chairs for my bench.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha, lucky. I tried doing it locally and all I got were a few emails about how they "don't want me ******* up their Tahoe removing the seats and screwing up their overhead console". Even though I had mentioned my father, who would be installing these, has owned a body shop business for over 30 years.

Oh well, I traded with BC Lightning here and I'm happy. :D

kabirt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
switching out seats!

Was wondering if I can install a bench without heat and power fold into my 2012 Tahoe, it will only be temp in the summer for traveling back and forth to the campground, I need all the cargo room but also need 5 seats, will be swapping back and forth Bench summer, captain and third row winter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968