Cash for Clunkers, what a Joke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Went to the local pick-a-part salvage yard looking to score on some parts off Yukes and Hoes, to my surprise no cash for clunkers, but they did have a boat load of mini vans and ford explorers alot of them pretty friggen new. The newest GM was a smashed 97 burb that looks like it had a lot of senority there. I'll be in search again this weekend, figure take advantage of picking up nsome spare parts while the gettings good

hoserty

Reaction score
according to the website they are supposed to be scrapped and you are supposed to get the scrap value in addition to the 3500-4500

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
As I understand from a dealship parts guy, the engine and transmission are the only items that cannot be reused. Sheet metal and interiors are reusable. Engines are drained of oil, a sand slurry is poured into the crankcase and the engine is started and allowed to run until it seizes. Game over....

OP
OP
yukonjacks

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Your exactly right Harry, Engine and drivetrain are not permitted to be resold. I know there were alot of mini vans and explorers with the letters C-F-C spray painted on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate