Catch Can. Why only one valve cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Reaction score
On a 21+ engine it is 100% totally useless, and serves no purpose at all whatsoever, in any way, to have a catch can connected to the passenger side valve cover (I'm not sure how to make that any more clear).

Air is going INTO the engine on the passenger side valve cover, hence why that tube is connected after the air filter, no freaking oil mist in that tube, its just clean air from the air filter going INTO the engine on that side. The whole purpose of the catch can is to separate the oil mist from the PCV gases before they are returned to the intake and burned. Since there is no oil mist on the passenger side (you know because air is going INTO the engine on the passenger side, not out of the engine), having a catch can there is as useless as **** on a boar hog.

Last edited:

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just just picked up a 2021 AT4 and was researching catch cans. Wondering why install a catch can that only is catching oil from the drivers side valve cover. Isn't all the oil vapor from the passenger side still venting into the air box and ending up in the intake track / valves?
@jasonp I installed the Team Rxp cans on my 2019 5.3 stock system. I installed clean and dirty side. Clean side small can is really for boosted applications (turbo/supercharged). I am not boosted and the clean side catches nothing ( as I was told, Guess I was future proofing). Dirty side does a great job. Pricy but I like my Rxp Cans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voncrutch