CES with multiple codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to pick your brains for a minute. I had my MAF, TB cleaned last month and love the results so much I told a buddy about it. He has an 02hoe. The work was done on the side at my mechanics house for both of our vehicles. He basically cleaned the MAF, TB, poured a bttl of injection cleaner in the tank and then a bttl through the vaccum hose under the hood like we do with seafoam.

My buddy had his done 2 weeks ago and is now get a CES. The codes are the following. 0102-MAF circuit low input, 0300- random misfire, 1120- Throttle position sensor circuit, 1221- Throttle position sensor 1-2.

I have had no problems with mine, I have 106mi on the clock and he has between 160-170. He had never had this cleaning done, so i'm wondering if he wld have been better off not doing this cleaning. Any ideas. Should I post this on the performance thread instead? Wasn't sure were to post. Thanks.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0102:

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The PCM detects that the MAF sensor frequency signal is less than 1,300 Hz for more than 1.2 seconds.

Inspect for the following conditions:
• A misrouted harness--Inspect the harness of the MAF sensor in order to verify that the harness is not routed too close to the following components:
- The secondary ignition wires or the coils
- Any solenoids
- Any relays
- Any motors
• A low minimum air rate through the sensor bore may cause this DTC to set at idle or during deceleration.
• A wide open throttle acceleration from a stop should cause the MAF sensor g/s display on the scan tool to increase rapidly. This increase should be from 4-7 g/s at idle to 150 g/s or more at the time of the 1-2 shift. If the increase is not observed, inspect for a restriction.

P1120:

• The TP sensor 1 signal voltage is less than 0.13 volt or greater than 4.87 volts.
• All of the above conditions present for less than 1 second.

• Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. When this occurs, multiple DTCs could be set with no circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
• When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than one TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing one individual condition may correct more than one DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Keep this in mind when reviewing the stored information, Capture info.

P1121:

• TP sensor 2 disagrees with TP sensor 1 by more than 7.5 percent.
• All above conditions present for less than 1 second.

• Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
• When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than 1 TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing 1 individual condition may correct more than 1 DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Remember this if you review the stored information in Capture Info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro, the codes were cleared last Thur and as of today no CES.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts