Changing Rims on a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the first mod is to do something about the exhaust pipe man! That just really looks odd :D If you do what Felix suggests (which would look sweet on your ride) I'd complete it with the Esky running boards. :D

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the first mod is to do something about the exhaust pipe man! That just really looks odd :D If you do what Felix suggests (which would look sweet on your ride) I'd complete it with the Esky running boards. :D

Oh I forgot the esky running boards!!! If I do end up getting another GMT900 vehicle (pref a Denali), I would get the auto-steps... SO clean.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot the esky running boards!!! If I do end up getting another GMT900 vehicle (pref a Denali), I would get the auto-steps... SO clean.

You said you're getting a Denali when the baby comes, right?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said you're getting a Denali when the baby comes, right?

Well the baby is definitely coming mid-september LOL but before I get that I need to sell her current vehicle and I'm currently looking at building a new house, so... one step at a time. But yes, Denali is in my future and will be mine, and the Tahoe will be passed down to her/the baby :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:High 5: All these things getting in the way!!! :D

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The running boards are the one mod I cannot do ... the whole setup is different on the hybrids, it has a hybrid specific running board that flows into moldings that regular tahoes don't have. Removing it is a serious undertaking and it will leave a mark. So no go on the boards.

I am however curious as what these LTZ moldings are ... I've never noticed it. Felix, do you have a part number for those? :think:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards are the one mod I cannot do ... the whole setup is different on the hybrids, it has a hybrid specific running board that flows into moldings that regular tahoes don't have. Removing it is a serious undertaking and it will leave a mark. So no go on the boards.

I am however curious as what these LTZ moldings are ... I've never noticed it. Felix, do you have a part number for those? :think:

As I look more at your pic, I notice how right you are... sucks... oh well.. many other mods to do!

The mouldings are SICK up close and are a HUGE difference in sleekness of the body. It is not nearly as 'thick' and the chrome trim goes nicely with the chrome rims both you and I got. Call nordstrom's auto. Google them and call directly as an email won't get you anywhere. Ask for the Tahoe back door 09 LTZ side moulding and the Suburban front door 09 LTZ side moulding (if you ask for all four tahoe they say they are out of that but the suburban front doors are identical to the tahoe). They have access to some chevy GM surplus factory so shit is dirt cheap!! And best part was mine actually came painted summit white... I know Zach2011 and w33m4n got theirs in GM Black paint too so you might luck out as well. Retail for the set is 500+... I got it for 145 shipped for all four :Handshake:

LTZside.jpg

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulsea....molding would looks like this...
6938259_2_400.jpg

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Felix ... do you have a pic of the moldings (not on a truck but by themselves)?

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Oh wait, are you talking about the chrome strip on the side? :think:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wait, are you talking about the chrome strip on the side? :think:

Yes, it's got a chrome strip along the top of the molding....