Changing Sparkplugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtie-Bri

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is the right section, if not just move it for me, thanks.

I'm in the process of changing the plugs on my Tahoe. I'm down to the last one. The dreaded #8 plug on the passenger side.
Any tips or tricks on the easiest or best way to change it without removing the engine? The first 7 were a breeze, but that #8 is a real pain.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Brian

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Climb on top of your motor lay on top of it. Reach down get a wobble spark plug socket. 5 minutes from there your done.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
absolutly no need to remove engine...i cant remember exactly what tools i used when i got mine out but i dnt remember that plug being a pain in the ass..you got the proper tools? extensions? it should come out keep trying it

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a short spark plug socket with the hex on it, try that and a gear wrench

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bend that drip pan back abit to help getting tooling in there.
If your not bleeding like crazy yet, watch out, the edge of the pan is razor sharp.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that plug pretty easy to change. I put the socket on the plug first and then connected a swivel and then the ratchet. Like ezdarr said you`ll most likely donate a little blood, I know i did.

OP
OP
B

Bowtie-Bri

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

I have all the normal tools ie. swivel, short ext. spark plug socket with "hex" end. I'm wearing gloves, so hopefully I won't be shedding to much blood.
I'll try it again when I get home from work tonight. :thumbsup:

jbb01

Reaction score
If climbing on top of engine (which worked for me) doesn't do it, then take passenger wheel off and access through wheel well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313