Changing the color of your 02 Tahoe AC control backlights with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeXiKinG617

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've trying to do this mod,I have the 02 tahoe with the HVAC that has 3 boards inside.. there is a 2 year old posted topic.but it doesnt explain enough on my kind a/c controls.Is their a way someone can please explain a little bit more to me as to how do it..maybe show me a different thread or show me some pics of how to set it up for the 3 board hvac control...

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this a while ago in mine. I cant remember where i got the leds that i used but they were ones that i didnt need to solder a resister in to make them work. Scrounged up some pics of how i did it. First thing i did was unsolder all the stock bulbs. Also im not great with circuit boards so to figured out which side was positive and negative i had to plug the controls back in and see which way made them work.

This is the board with the nobs on it. As you can see i added a ton more leds because there were too many blind spots where the light wasnt showing.
SpeakerandLeds066.jpg
The bottom buttons only need the one led though
SpeakerandLeds051.jpg
And heres them lit up
SpeakerandLeds042.jpg
Sorry for the crappy pics these are from a while ago

kwood129

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a suggestion for everyone doing the led conversions in their vehicles. Many peoples complain about dark spots due to not enough LEDs. Before you install them take a minute and lightly sand them. By doing this it will redistribute the light of the led more evenly. I have been using this technique on 2 of my vehicles and so far it has been working perfectly. If you want your dash lights to light up the night then by all means add more LEDs. If you want it more natural but a nice fresh color try to sand them first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete315

Latest posts