Charging/Battery/Alternator DENALI GAUGE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon Denali 2008
Hello I´m trying to now what’s the normal behavior of your denalis charging gauge when the motor is in normal drive. My doubt is because mine moves a lot, for example, in the morning the gouge when I start up the truck, goes directly past the 14v, but when I drive around it drops to the low 13 almost 12v. Sometimes it will go for days on the top 14´s, and sometimes It will go down and back up in the 15 mile drive.
Is this normal? Or do I have a bad alternator?

THX
MIKE

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's normal. I forget exactly why the computer does this, but it's computer controlled and normal

(Sorry, I know that's not a lot of info, but someone should chime in soon on the exact reasoning)

OP
OP
M

MikeP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx

that's normal. I forget exactly why the computer does this, but it's computer controlled and normal

(Sorry, I know that's not a lot of info, but someone should chime in soon on the exact reasoning)

Thx for the info!

blairian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing on my Tahoe - glad to know it is doing what it is supposed to be doing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2