Check engine light on/off-on/off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Hello y'all...... I got one for ya'

So...... after changing my oil pressure sending unit I got the check engine light, I had the codes pulled and it was both R/L bank o2 ect.... so a MAF issue most likely. I had the codes cleared and the CE light stayed off about half the day but came back on later in the afternoon. I figured I must have knocked my intake lose climbing around in the engine compartment trying to reach the OPSU. So, pulled the intake off, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the filter, cleaned the TB........ CE light still on. I had put some sea foam in over the weekend as well and figured that had something to do with it as well so I filled up with reg 91( NI usually run E85) and started driving to the shop to have the codes cleared......just as I was getting close the light goes off. It stayed off for about 12hrs and came back on and has gone off/on three times since.

Any ideas??? I think the intake has a leak somewhere K&N orings and connectors are a little suspect. I'm gonna go get a big 4'' silicone sleeve at home depot and some 4''x3'' oring joiners and hem up the intake at the TB which is where I am suspect of the orings as it is.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Did you check the..O2?

I didn't check it.... Since both sides threw a lean/rich code at the same time the guy said it was a MAF or airflow issue and it was probably getting too much air or the MAF was bad. I think the sea foam I put in the tank screwed everything up and I knocked my intake lose..... or at least that's my guess...... What is the peocess for checking the O2 sensors?

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volt meter?....what exactly was the code?

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you should get the code next time it pops up. From what you're saying with a rich and lean code it could be fuel issue, but then again without the codes it's just guess.

jhellwig

Reaction score
I get a code for the right and left bank running lean every once in a while. It did it quite a bit before I changed the o2 sensors. Sea foaming it probably fouled the sensors. I wouldn't run sea foam with e85. I had more problems with it when I did.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I get a code for the right and left bank running lean every once in a while. It did it quite a bit before I changed the o2 sensors. Sea foaming it probably fouled the sensors. I wouldn't run sea foam with e85. I had more problems with it when I did.

I suspect the sea foam is the culprit..... Ill run a few tanks of 91 and see if it stops....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you suspect an air leak at the air intake, take some carb cleaner and spray around the connections and see if the idle changes while you spray, if it does then you have a leak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52