Chip/scratch prevention preferred method?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got a price ppf. This place does Xpel, just for the bottom bumper on Tahoe it’s $675 otd. This place keeps it over night to make sure it’s good and has 10 year warranty. Fair price or little much? I know just the film itself is like $300+ so another $300-$375 in labor the entire day doesn’t sound horrible to me....?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably more not much thought to repaint a bumper cover. Just saying

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is probably more not much thought to repaint a bumper cover. Just saying
LOL now that u mention that it is more, my wife’s 2018 Tahoe got a scratch on rear bumper right after we got it and cost $500 to repaint it at dealer

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay and if it would have had the shield on it probably would have still had to be painted. then if you wanted shield on it paid to replace but maybe in guarantee they would replace?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
If you are paying for the manpower, might as well go with the xpel option that will cover the whole front end, and high touch points of the rig. That way the cost will balance out and will provide better results for those areas long term

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are paying for the manpower, might as well go with the xpel option that will cover the whole front end, and high touch points of the rig. That way the cost will balance out and will provide better results for those areas long term
$1500 for partial hood, front bumper, mirrors and I think maybe door edges

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Whenever I get my rig, prob 2023 the way it's going, that will be the minimum option I get. I've heard great things of xpel, have never had it done before but when you are talking 75k+, whats adding another option for 1-3k is doing partial or full. I live in metro detroit and drive 50-80 miles a day. Always have a bunch of road debris being thrown off the asphalt from the high quality road conditions around here.

$1500 for partial hood, front bumper, mirrors and I think maybe door edges

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I get my rig, prob 2023 the way it's going, that will be the minimum option I get. I've heard great things of xpel, have never had it done before but when you are talking 75k+, whats adding another option for 1-3k is doing partial or full. I live in metro detroit and drive 50-80 miles a day. Always have a bunch of road debris being thrown off the asphalt from the high quality road conditions around here.
I talked to the ppf guy for a few minutes and he said new vehicles 2018+ the paint is thinner. I’ve been leasing trucks every other year 2015, 2017, 2019 all Silverado’s and my 19 HC is so bad, gotta be 20 stone chips front bumper/hood. 2015 and 2017 were nothing like that

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaving a space between mine and the vehicle in front have reduced the amount of chips tremendously. It's easy not to crawl up someone's tailpipe the problem is those who swerve in front as they pass as if someone is going to take their seat.