Clunks into gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine is doing it also. ill also heary it every now and then if im stopped at a light and when i hit the gas to take off it'll clunk. still the u joints?

no one ever did say what it is they do

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
The u-joint connects your drive shaft (at each end) to your yokes, one at the front of the rearend housing and one at the tailshaft of your transmission.........

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
would mine still be u joints if it clunks once im already in drive (launching from a stop, etc)?

DREADMAN109

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Know this is old but I thought I should let everyone know. If you hear your truck start to make that dreaded clunking noise get under there and check it out. I got under my truck and dropped the drive shaft and all the bearings on one of the yokes on the front one was completely gone and was beating against the inside of the shaft. It had manage to wear to grooves into it and I thought I was going to have to replace it. Didn't though :worship:Once I got the new U-joints in, it fixed everything, the clunking, the vibration I was getting at 75 and this squeaking noise I was getting on occasion.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yo blue.... you said something about a press? I need to get this done in my truck and I suppose I never gave any though as to what tools are needed? Anything special, I have all the standard issue tools

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx